At A Glance - Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: To motivate and help young working adults to gain investment skill and plan for a secure financial future through retirement.
- Young working adults will understand the basic steps for building wealth over the life cycle .
- Young working adults will increase their net worth as a result of participation in the program.
- Young working adults will understand their financial options for retirement and set clear and attainable retirement goals.
Goal 2: To engage employers in creating a culture of support through provision of work site investment education as well as financial planning and savings incentives.
- Employers will more actively participate in planning and implrementation of work site financial education for their young employees.
- Employers and company credit unions will offer more savings and financial planning incentives to young employees.
Goal 3: To strengthen the capacity of Extension and other educators to effectively work with employers and employees to implement investment education at the work site.
- Educators will strengthen their capacity to market to employers the concept of investor education at the work site.
- Educators will develop effective protocols for engaging emploers and employee credit unions in program delivery.
- Educators will identify effective methods and curricula for delivering program content and motivating young employees to act to secure their financial futures.
At A Glance - Concepts
- Getting motivated to save
- Finding money to invest
- Investment options
- Assessing and managing risks
- Setting goals
- Selecting the best investment option
- Working with a financial professional
At A Glance - Target Audience
Young Employees. The project will primarily target youn employees in the 18-24 year old age range at work sites in the states of Florida, Kansas, Kentucky and Tennessee. Young employees will represent diverse literacy and income levels.
Employers. Secondary audiences will be employers, military, human resourc and employee credit union personnel who will be engaged in project development, support and information delivery at work site locations.
Educators. Local educators will participate in program implementation and evaluation.
Suggested Industries and Audiences
- Health care - Technicians, clerical, maintenance, food service, medical support, nurses
- Education - Teachers, maintenance, food service workers, teachers' aides
- Food service - Wait staff, kitchen staff, managers
- Military - Enlisted personnel
- State & Local Government - Clerical, facilities, law enforcement, public houseing workers
- Retail/food - Checkers, assistant managers, stockers
- Retail other - Sales floore, assistant managers
- Hospitality - Clerical, facilities, food service
- Industry - Assembly line, clerical, transportation, warehouse
- Care providers - Adult, elder, child
- Services - Bank tellers, call center workers, personnel services, custodial
At A Glance - Evaluation Methods
- Pre/post program surveys
- Employer pre/post program interviews
- Three month follow-up surveys